Saturday, April 3, 2010

FINALLY!!! Soon has arrived...

For all those who have been asking when we would update the blog and kept hearing the same answer, "Soon," soon has finally arrived. And we have so much to share with you!

Since we last updated we have completed the floor, the first floor walls, and now the floor of the loft. Next on our project list is to waterproof the work we have already completed before we are blessed with more rain. :) Then it's on to the roof! We are excited to be making progress and thank the Lord for every day that we are able to work on our new home.

Other than home construction, we have been able to take care of some of the other tasks related to moving (changing over our licenses and all to Missouri). The rain sometimes forces us to get other things done, and for that we are grateful. It is nice to finally have all of that taken care of.

We were also blessed recently to find a cheaper source for clean drinking and wash water until we get the well dug. And with the addition of a few washtubs, we are now able to bathe in our home and more easily wash dishes and laundry. This is truly a blessing for us (I'm sure our PS133 friends will appreciate this as well).

Bernard is still not walking yet, but remains close to that milestone. She is enjoying having more room and better weather to play. Meanwhile, McGee LOVES helping Mama and Daddy with the house and chasing the chickens (in a loving and gentle way of course) whenever her help is not needed.

All in all, we are enjoying a simpler, though still quite busy, lifestyle in the woods with our family. The Lord has been teaching us alot about loving each other and working together and Husband has been teaching me alot as well (to include house building, driving in less than fabulous conditions, fire building, etc). It has been an interesting, exciting, very busy and productive month.

On that note - we are headed to our home away from home (the local Lowe's store) for more supplies to get started on our next round of projects. Thanks for checking in on us! Until next time, which may or may not be "Soon,"

My Family
(Wife Speaking)

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear all is going well and you are all enjoying your new life:). Love and miss you guys. Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE UPDATE. IT GIVES ME SOMETHING TO READ AND HELPS ME NOT MISS YOU SOOOOOOO MUCH. LOVE MOM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I don't do much weeping these days but the Lord has brought me to that point and still can. But inside I'm weeping somehow. I sat for the longest time in a hallway today waiting for my daughter to finish up a GED test she was taking. I put my head in my hands and just prayed in earnest, pouring out my heart and asking Him to fill it where the longing is. The longing to live this way. He is enough and I have to remember that. If I never live this way, He is enough anyway. It probably has largely to do with debt. We are thankful to report that we were able to pay off two lines of credit totaling nearly $2,000 and we are praying and working toward the remaining $38,000 or so. Lord willing, it will be done by the end of this "3-year stint" we are serving on. Lord bless you as I know He has. I truely believe I'd heard the Lord when I re-uped and I still think I did, but if I hadn't, we might have been there with you all now, starting this hard but rewarding life. We have been reading a "Little House on the Prairie" book as a family each night and it just eats me up inside somehow. Please let me know how I can help, the Lord leading that way. May I request your new mailing address? -That other family whose husband and wife have your same names. :) (I shut down my google/facebook/blogs and if I make new ones, I'll do them like you all are doing. Identity safe. I will try and locate and follow the other folks out there's blog as well again. Please greet them in the Lord for us. We sure, sure, sure, sure (times a zillion) wish we were there with you all....

    ReplyDelete