Friday, December 4, 2009

No Time For Introductions

Well, it seems our best laid plans are destined for interruption and delay! While I had originally planned a well thought out and organized introduction for this blog, it is just not coming together that way. My Husband is on his way to pick up my father's van and gas it up before coming to get me and the girls so that we can take off for Fort Stockton, Texas. It is 9:39 pm. His cousin and her husband are stranded with a dead car and very little money. After a few days of trying everything to get them out of there to here (without actually having to make the trip), we have decided to go get them. Their hotel stay is up tomorrow at noon and it is very cold where they are.

So, while my Husband is out, I decided it was time to get this blog going. I apologize to everyone who was awaiting a monumentous first post. :) Life happens sometimes in ways we can't even imagine or plan for. It seems we will have some unexpected house guests for a few weeks while they figure out how to get to their final destination. Our prayer for this time is that we would be good witnesses to the One who knows our true final destination.

Please pray for us! The next twenty four hours in a van with our two little ones will be a challenge. (Did I mention they are bringing one or two dogs back with them?) Lord willing I will be more organized in future posts, but for now, here is a very real, spur of the moment look into our life.

Serving the Lord with thanksgiving,
My Family, Wife Speaking

1 comment:

  1. Yowza! You guys are awesome! How kind of you up and driving so far to help people in need. LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU!
    Jessie

    ReplyDelete